I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

ACEO: Cacti Celebration. Painted: April 8, 2010


ACEO: Cacti Celebration
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2 1/2 x 3 1/2,
110# Canson Acid Free acrylic paper.
I had a silly urge, so I went with it. My original intention was to create silhouettes of people celebrating. However, I discovered that my black paint thickened/dehydrated.. and no matter how much water I added did not make it easier to work with. I decided to continue, but let my mind wander.. turning it more into a 'doodle' instead of any serious attempt.

The reason why I decided to continue instead of wait until I could get a new tube of black paint, was because I was using my camera to create a time lapse video.

The video is 46 seconds of silence:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/diannna-art/4512261838/

No comments:

Post a Comment