I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

ACEO: Velocity. Painted: April 8, 2010


ACEO: Velocity
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2 1/2 x 3 1/2,
110# Canson Acid Free acrylic paper.
When I was a little girl, I would spend an eternity spinning in tight circles in the backyard. I would watch the world turn into a near-solid blur and fall to the ground. It would take a while for the dizziness to fade and then I would start it all over again. Sometimes it was a contest against friends to see who could stay on their feet longer than the other.

Every once in a while, I turn in place and watch my vision blend into that almost forgotten blur. When I did this recently, I thought it would be fun to doodle, in paint, what it looks like. If I was outdoors, it would have shades of green.. but I was indoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment