I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

ACEO: Blur Island. Painted March 24, 2010


ACEO: Blur Island
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2 1/2 x 3 1/2,
110# Canson Acid Free acrylic paper.

An experiment.. with speed and color. I tried to paint a smaller piece, fast. I decided to paint the background (layered blue, white and yellow) and then try to video record myself painting the 'island' 'island reflection' and 'nearby tree.' It came out much, much messier than I ever intended. Really.. I cannot speed-paint. I have to learn how to edit video if I want to video myself painting, but keep the video itself rather short. I think if I try this again, but take my time.. then the trees/island and reflection will come out much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment