I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

ACEO: BW Snow-touched Tree: Painted Feb. 5, 2010


ACEO: BW Snow-touched Tree
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2 1/2 x 3 1/2,
110# Canson Acid Free acrylic paper.
I was in Washington, DC during a blizzard weekend. Thankfully 90% of everything and everyone I wanted to see was within the hotel I was staying in. Watching the snowfall outside the window and watching as it clung to tree branches was enchanting.

When away from my homes, I only travel with black and white paint and six brushes. The theory is.. if it gets lost in transit, I am not losing my entire collection of paints and brushes. The result is.. all the paintings done while traveling are only in black and white.

Inspired by the enchantment of the snowfall.. my usual silhouette style was touched by snow. I could not capture the wonder of what I saw outside the window (I adore snow) but I do believe I had enough fun to try this style in color sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment