I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

ACEO: Purple Skies; Fireflies. Painted March 24, 2010


ACEO: Purple Skies; Fireflies
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2 1/2 x 3 1/2,
110# Canson Acid Free acrylic paper.
It is a purple sky.. and those are lightening bugs. But I had to go with the title 'Purple Skies; Fireflies' because rhyming makes me smile.

I was frustrated with my Blur Island piece, so I tried another card painting. This is some purple, water (to literally water down the coloring) and white for the 'sky' then, just a fan brush to make the ground in black. Finally, some primary yellow to dot the ground and near the horizon. I can almost imagine my Younger Self just outside the 'frame' waiting to rush forward to capture a firefly and then complain that it tickled too much as it walked along my hands..

No comments:

Post a Comment