I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Saturday, July 25, 2015

8x10: So Much Sky. Completed July 23, 2015


So Much Sky
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 8" x 10" stretched canvas.
After painting a few minis, it was time to work with more canvas. I went to my stash and discovered one was ripped. Another dented. I used the one with the slight dent thinking it'd be 'just for practice' and it turns out I liked it.

Once again I got to mix colors, as I am working with only Titanium White, Mars Black, Primary Red, Primary Blue, and, Primary Yellow. Creating the sky made a mess, as green happened there when I didn't have enough red at one point. Mixing shades of green was so much fun when working on the fields that go on forever as there is 'so much sky!' This idea was inspired from when I was away from home and kept saying there was so much sky where I was. It was lovely enough to try to paint.

Wish the photo was not from the side? To see it from the front, check out the image on Flickr: So Much Sky (front)

No comments:

Post a Comment