I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Mini: The Anchor And The Kite. Completed July 21, 2015


The Anchor And The Kite
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2" x 2",
Artist's Loft mini canvas panel.
The concept is an anchor rests to steady upon the beach, and a kite could be lost to the wind if not for being attached to the anchor. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to paint it. I tried anyway. I often feel like that kite flying around without direction-sense, and worrying a storm will strike me.

Primary Blue dominates the mini canvas panel. A clear blue sky and an almost calm ocean. I got to practice mixing colors like I was a child again. It was delightful to watch the sandy color form from Primary Yellow, Primary Red and just a hint of Primary Blue. Titanium White was used to draw the anchor and kite pieces before trying to blend them into the scene. With the warm weather in New York lately, I couldn't resist trying to make the water look welcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment