I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Mini: A Louisville Sunrise. Completed July 17, 2015


A Louisville Sunrise
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2" x 2",
Artist's Loft mini canvas panel.
It has been a while since I have painted. There has been only a handful of exceptions in the few years hiatus. I felt when returning I should go back to silhouettes as I favored them the most. Also, I wanted to start small. The only tubes of paint I picked up were: Titanium White, Mars Black, Primary Red, Primary Yellow, and, Primary Blue. It might not be immediately obvious, but a bit from each tube ended up on this mini canvas panel.

I painted sailboats in the past - this time I tried a submarine. My first review on the finished piece was, "It looks like a little building." Even though it doesn't perfectly look like the submarine I had in mind (USS Louisville (SSN-724), I am pleased I broke the ice and returned to painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment