I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Monday, July 27, 2015

ACEO: Peace Constellation. Completed July 27, 2015


ACEO: Peace Constellation
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2 1/2" x 3 1/2",
246# Strathmore Acid Free acrylic paper.
I had the idea for symbol-constellations and doodled them on paper. After that, it was time to try it with paint. Primary Blue, Primary Red, and Titanium White blended into an evening sky.

I recalled my childhood art class, and grabbed the toothbrush that hides among my paint brushes. The stars in the background were made with it. A thin brush was used to put the Peace constellation in the sky. Mars Black paint was perfect for the silhouette of the land below.

The orginal doodles can be found on Flickr here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/diannna-art/19440741033/

No comments:

Post a Comment