I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Monday, January 11, 2010

ACEO: Solar Dream: Painted Jan. 10, 2010


Solar Dream
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2 1/2 x 3 1/2,
125# Springhill Tag folder paper.
I have been having fun with silhouettes lately. However, I like abstract art pieces in which it is not as obvious at first glance what it might be representing (if anything.)

So today I had a thought in my mind and let it develop until the paint was dry. I thought of dreams, of falling asleep and of trying to recall dreams upon waking up.

Then I randomly thought of the sun. I began to wonder, If the sun could dream, what would it be like? Would the sun dream in color? Would it dream of sounds? The sun is the brightest object near itself. Does it dream of what it might be like to find another source of light or does it narcissistically admire itself as the local bright object?

I began to paint. Yellow at first, filling the entire card. Then red mixed in. Motion displayed through curves, blurred edges, melting and merging and caught in the stillness of paint when it dries.

If the sun dreams, I imagine it dreams of speed.. light-speed.. of the constant motion of the universe and perhaps the sun dares to ask, "What would happen if motion became stillness?" And that.. is the thought, captured from an imaginary dream and marked on paper with acrylic paint and my paintbrush.

No comments:

Post a Comment