I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

ACEOx2: Gender I, II: Painted Jan. 12, 2010


ACEOx2: Gender I, II
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2 1/2 x 3 1/2,
110# Georgia Pacific smooth cardstock
and 125# Springhill Tag folder paper.
I like colors. Each make me think and feel different things. When I see pink and blue near each other, it reminds me of new parents choosing outfits for a baby. I do not know why blue is for baby boys and pink is for baby girls. I think both are cheerful colors.. beyond gender association. And yet.. seeing the two tubes of paint near each other, I thought of babies dressed by their parents to display their gender.

One card has thicker layers of paint overlapping, while the other card shows an experiment of using acrylic like watercolor paint. They were both painted in the same sitting, one right after the other.

Playing with blue, pink and white.. letting the paint dance across cards, I thought of the gender association of these colors. It reached a point in which it did not matter what the colors meant, merely that they each became equal parts: strong and beautiful. It does not matter what gender a color is, or what gender a person is. Each have the potential to be strong and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment