I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

ACEOx2: Pine Silhouette I, II: Painted Jan. 8, 2010


ACEOx2: Pine Silhouette I, II
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2 1/2 x 3 1/2,
125# Springhill Tag folder paper.
Today I was given a stack of paper cut into 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 pieces. I was so excited, I -had- to try it out immediately. So I went online and looked up the product information. It is not exactly cardstock, it seems.. but is considered highly durable and used to make folders, menus, time cards and tons more. I am calling it 'folder paper.'

Since my Mint Winter trees did not go according to plan, I went back to the comfort of silhouettes. I painted both skies at the same time, but blended the two colors a little differently. Today was all about experimenting in small ways. I tried the pine tree look again, and I think I was a little more successful. I still need practice, but I see potential.

I chose to sign my name with the black instead of a blue.. because I imagined the letters of my name acting like wild plants along the ground.

The new paper curls a little more when painting on it, but once I got used to that aspect, I felt it was sometimes easier to work with that my usual choice. I can definitely see myself working through the entire stack of paper in the future. Small worlds are waiting to be painted.

No comments:

Post a Comment