I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Creation: Art Diary

Tuesday, January 5, 2010. 3AM: Edmonton, Canada.

I have created the beginning of my Art Diary.

Although I have written my own poetry since middle school, doodled little images my entire life and went to school for graphic design.. I never -fully- dived in and expressed myself in art until 2008.

One of my best friends brought me into an art project that was bigger than anything I ever tried before. I was intimidated by the amount of paint that was needed to cover large canvases. It was a wonderful experience.

Then, I returned to leisurely exploring art and then leaving it alone. Only to flirt with it now and then, until the end of November 2009. While staying in Edmonton, I ended up sick enough that I could not leave the house. I had no fever, yet I felt a fiery spark of inspiration light within me.

I had a few available canvases and some primary colored paints. When I was well enough to walk around the house, paint found its way onto canvas. I had thought when I was well again.. the inspiration would leave me. But it has not.

I have continued to paint for the sheer fun of it. I experiment with colors, ideas and images in my mind.. just to see what will happen.

In 2009, I have played with photography and paint. Although some of the photography is documented on Flickr and my own computer.. I never kept a diary. The time flew by so quickly, I wish I took time to write a few things down. When 2011 rolls around, I want to be able to look back and read my own notes. That is why I have created this Art Diary.

No comments:

Post a Comment