I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Circles/Dots: More Progress. Jan 2nd - ?


Circles/Dots
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 8x10 stretched canvas.
(From package of Titanium
acrylic gesso primed canvases)
I did not paint yesterday, so I sat with this piece twice today to make up for lost time. I chose the green circles first and watered down the paint a bit, added touches of white.. which I then painted over again.. and just kept repeating until I thought the green circles looked like spheres.

Later, I chose the yellow circles. Due to how light the color already is, it was more difficult to work with. Every mistake made with the the white or brown showed through. I had to make more corrections with white, then repaint and repeat much more than I did with the green sections.

I will work with the blues sections tomorrow and leave pink for last. There is only one circle that is not cropped by other circles and I am hoping that is there.. that I will have the best shading. I corrected it slightly today, but decided to not think on it much until I am worki8ng with the pinks.

Depending on how much time I have to play with, this painting should be done tomorrow or the day after. Well.. that is the theory anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment