I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

(Circles/Dots) Spheres: Completed Jan. 12, 2010


(Circles/Dots) Spheres
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 8x10 stretched canvas.
(From package of Titanium
acrylic gesso primed canvases)
This piece was started on January 2, 2010. I had originally thought I would just create a few circles and color them in pretty colors. The painting took on a life of its own, craving something beyond the obvious and easy painting of 2D and aspired to have the appearance of something more three-dimensional.

I signed along the very bottom, within a blue sphere, with blue paint. When it was finally scanned instead of photographed.. the image was 336 MB! So, I had to resize it to post it here. The title was: Circles/Dots. It is now: Spheres. The piece feels more like round sprinkles instead of flat confetti. The steps along the way to completing this painting has taught me a lot. I think it will improve my future creations.


Curious about the progression of this piece?
Read the old Art Diary entries in order:
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Friday, January 8, 2010
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Monday, January 11, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment