I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Circles/Dots: Continued Progress. Jan 2nd - ?


Circles/Dots
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 8x10 stretched canvas.
(From package of Titanium
acrylic gesso primed canvases)
Today I added a layer of white to my circles. I started noticing that some circles look like spheres and others look like they were dented. However, I am hoping that as I pick a color a day and start painting lightly.. I will end up creating spheres instead of circles. Maybe in the end, the name will change.

Taking photos of the progression of this piece has taught me something I have already heard of before, but have not practiced: The need to stand back and look again. When I paint, I am lost in the details. I see one piece of canvas or even one brushstroke at a time. Taking a photo and then looking, helps me to see the full image in a whole new way. I might never have learned this if I did not start an Art Diary!

2 comments:

  1. Coming along awesomely!

    Art journalling is a great way to learn more about your own work and methods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey rob-t-firefly, thank you for visiting and saying hi (:

    ReplyDelete