I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

ACEOx2: Mint Winter Trees I, II: Painted Jan. 8, 2010


ACEOx2: Mint Winter Trees I, II
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2 1/2 x 3 1/2,
110# Georgia Pacific smooth cardstock.
I grew up watching broadcast television. I loved the shows where painters created intricate pieces within an hour.

So.. thinking back, I tried to make little trees like how I had seen created years ago on television. Nothing turned out that way I expected, but I had fun trying.

Since things did not go according to plan, I took the opportunity to play with my signature. Using the minty color (white + green = minty, in this case) of the trees, I practiced sneaking my signature into a tree and also having it very obvious and in the open.

No comments:

Post a Comment