I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

ACEO: Path: Painted January 5, 2010


Path
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Often I have doodled in the margins of notebooks, vague images of a path stretching toward the horizon. This time I experimented by trying to create something similar with paint.

The air is very dry in Edmonton, causing paint to dry much faster than a humid day on Long Island. Things sometimes blend in different ways as the paint rushes to dry, stubbornly locking itself in place. It has taught me how to layer things in ways I had not tried before.

The path did not turn and twist the way I had originally planned, but the field and sky blended better than I had though would occur. I have to learn more about prospective for pieces when I try to create more realistic aspects.. like a meandering path. It is a fun to experiment and often I find myself learning much before that way, then if I studied a book for the day instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment