I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Circles/Dots: Still in Progress. Jan 2 -?


Circles/Dots
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 8x10 stretched canvas.
(From package of Titanium
acrylic gesso primed canvases)
I had thought of just tracing the edges everywhere, but I did not want it to look like a coloring book. Since I disliked the 'coloring book' idea for this piece, I knew I had to try some shading.

This is the theory:
Watered down acrylic (really.. tons of water in proportion to the amount of paint being used) and make brown paint stain the circles. Then.. tomorrow.. add white to highlight. Day after that.. choose a color and lightly paint those circles so the dark and light show through.

Will it work or will it be a mess? I really have no clue, but I have come too far to look back. So each day, I will choose a step and move forward. For such a simple shape, the circles have me very busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment