I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

ACEO: Just A Door: Completed September 15, 2010


ACEO: Just A Door
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2 1/2" x 3 1/2",
246# Strathmore Acid Free acrylic paper.
The sky was painted September 14th with a hint of Primary Blue in a lot of Titanium White. I left it to dry completely overnight.. knowing I wanted to create a silhouette, but not sure what that silhouette would be.

The next day I painted the ground with Mars Black, making the horizon line rough to indicate grass. Then I left that to dry. I suddenly had the idea of what I would add.. but I had to take time to doodle out a thumbnail sketch. I never painted a door like this before. Once I had chosen how the door would open and look, I painted it in Mars Black as well.

I knew the title but not how I would spell it. Just Adore or Just A Door. I went with the literal spelling but feel when the title is pronounced instead of seen.. it is both an observation and instruction. If you can see it as a door to possibilities and a door to love.. you decide if it is just a door of if you should just adore.

No comments:

Post a Comment