I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

ACEO: Quiet Moment On A Swing (Silhouette): Completed August 31, 2010


ACEO: Quiet Moment On A Swing (Silhouette)
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2 1/2" x 3 1/2",
246# Strathmore Acid Free acrylic paper.
I began by painting the night sky background on August 30th, let it dry overnight and put the silhouette portion on the day after. The sky is a blend of Dioxazine Purple, Primary Blue and Titanium White. The silhouette is made of Mars Black.

After painting tree swings in black and white while in Las Vegas, NV (one month ago).. I knew I was going to revisit the idea. This time, however, I added someone sitting sideways on a long swing looking up into the vast sky. If I had a tree swing, I doubt I would be able to resist sitting outside during some quiet evenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment