I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

ACEO: Triangles In Red: Completed September 15, 2010


ACEO: Triangles In Red
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2 1/2" x 3 1/2",
246# Strathmore Acid Free acrylic paper.
I started this on September 10th and took my time deciding each step of the way.

At first, the art card was covered in Primary Blue and left alone. I looked at it the next day and did nothing to it. On the 12th, I decided to make some triangles with Titanium White. A day passed and again I did nothing. Then, on the 14th I outlined the triangles with rough lines made with Mars Black. I knew it was not complete, but did nothing more until the 15th. I added a thin coat of Primary Red over the entire piece.

It is difficult to see where blue touches black under the red because of how dark it is. I find the simplistic shapes overlapping pleasing as I move my eyes from right-to-left and jarring as I move them back left-to-right. I am glad I did not rush this piece and feel it reached a happy conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment