I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

ACEO: Midnight Jack O'Lantern: Painted September 4, 2010


ACEO: Midnight Jack O'Lantern
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2 1/2" x 3 1/2",
246# Strathmore Acid Free acrylic paper.
September has only just begun, but already Halloween keeps coming to mind. I love Halloween.. especially carving pumpkins. A relatively new tradition of mine is carving pumpkin pie as if it was going to be a Jack O'Lantern, and then eating it that night. So the image of a carved pumpkin is key to how I celebrate Halloween.

I never really thought my trees looked spooky, until I painted two near a glowing Jack O'Lantern. The glow from the carved pumpkin breaks my usual silhouette, but was a lot of fun to try. The night sky is a mix of Dioxazine Purple, Primary Blue and a hint of Titanium White to make the horizon a little lighter. The silhouette is Mars Black. The glow from the Jack O'Lantern is a layer of Titanium White with two shades of orange (Cadmium Red Deep Hue and Primary Yellow mixed together)

No comments:

Post a Comment