I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Functional Prototype: Apple Tree Minibook: Created September 13, 2010


Apple Tree (Minibook Functional Prototype): Closed
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"
110# Canson Acid Free acrylic paper..
Bound to printer paper with thread.
(The ruler under the minibook image is showing the measurement in inches)

Since I started using Strathmore paper for my art cards, I have been trying to think of what to do with my other unused art card blanks. I have some cardstock, acrylic paper, canvas paper and folder paper already cut to ACEO size and did not want to let it collect dust.

I decided to fold it in half, add five pieces of printer paper.. and used some old thread to bind it into a minibook. I poked holes in the acrylic paper before painting on it and this choice made things much easier to assemble once the paint was dry.

It was more fun to create than I had expected. Thus, intend to create a few more in the future. Some with blank covers and some painted.

No comments:

Post a Comment