I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

ACEO: White Lightning: Completed September 18, 2010


ACEO: White Lightning
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2 1/2" x 3 1/2",
246# Strathmore Acid Free acrylic paper.
On September 17th, I blended Primary Blue and Quinacridone Magenta with much less blue toward the top. It turned out to be very dark and I left it to dry, thinking I would paint over it the next day.

I did not paint over the dark background the next day. Instead, when I looked at it.. I thought it offered the perfect opportunity to attempt to paint lightning. I never tried to paint lightning before, but I tried to recall what flashes of lightning looked like and then recorded what came to mind with Titanium White paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment