I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

ACEO: Pink Curves On Primary Blue: Completed August 31, 2010


ACEO: Pink Curves On Primary Blue
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2 1/2" x 3 1/2",
110# Canson Acid Free acrylic paper.
On August 24, 2010, I filled the background of this art card with Primary Blue and then let it sit around for days as I tried to imagine what I might add. I got to the point where I thought I was going to end up painting over it, when suddenly I decided to add Light Portrait Pink.

I played with a long handled brush, drawing curves all throughout the blue void until I felt the piece was complete. With paint, I purposely drew squiggles, numbers, loops and incomplete circles. To me, it looks like ribbons falling through the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment