I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

ACEO: Stormy Night: Painted September 6, 2010


ACEO: Stormy Night
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2 1/2" x 3 1/2",
246# Strathmore Acid Free acrylic paper.
I have been wishing for more rain lately. I miss the sound against my windowsill. I miss the way it makes everything grow. The way it makes everything look cleaner for a little while. And, I have found myself daydreaming about my craving for rain.

I tried to imagine the most turbulent sky, the most intense tempest.. and then I put paint on my blank art card until I felt I created a stormy night, starting just at the very end of sunset. I imagine if the sky looked like this, it would be very rainy, windy and there would be a threat of a possible tornado.

No comments:

Post a Comment