I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

ACEO: Tealight Candle In The Dark: Painted September 5, 2010


ACEO Tealight Candle In The Dark
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2 1/2" x 3 1/2",
246# Strathmore Acid Free acrylic paper.
When looking through some of my old photos, I saw one I wanted to try to paint. ( Click here to see the photo of the tealight in the dark. )

First I covered the blank art card with Mars Black and let it dry completely. Then I returned with Titanium White and created the shape of the candle and flame. I had to wait for that to dry before continuing. Then I used Titanium White and some Primary Yellow. A tiny hint of Quinacridone Magenta to add some shading to the melted candle wax. Finally a hint of Primary Blue was mixed with white to get the flame-core blue. A touch of magenta was put on the end of the blackened wick and then brushed in the black near the candle flame to break up the darkness just a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment