I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

ACEO: Sunset Lighthouse: Painted September 5, 2010


ACEO: Sunset Lighthouse
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2 1/2" x 3 1/2",
246# Strathmore Acid Free acrylic paper.
This painting is a combination of thoughts in my head from the past few days. First.. being from Long Island, New York.. when there was concern about a hurricane.. there was mention of Montauk Point on the news. Maybe I was brought there as a small child, but I have no memory of Montauk Point. All I have is what my imagination draws in my mind.. a lighthouse on the very end of Long Island.

The second is the cliche, "Red sky at night, sailor's delight" I have heard this my entire life. Even though I am not a sailor, I think of that cliche every time I see a very red sunset.

Montauk Point is on the East end of Long Island.. so painting a sunset inspired by what my imagination thinks of it.. creates a situation that would not a occur. The end of Long Island is the place to go view the sunrise over the water. This is not really Montauk Point.. but it is a lighthouse and it is during sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment