I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Monday, September 20, 2010

ACEO: Seven Birds. Completed September 20, 2010


ACEO: Seven Birds
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2 1/2" x 3 1/2",
246# Strathmore Acid Free acrylic paper.
On September 17th I blended Primary Blue, Brilliant Purple and Quinacridone Magenta into each other for a background. I ended up liking how it turned out and decided to give myself a few days to decide if it was finished or not.

On September 20th a simple minimalistic image came to mind and I thought it would be perfect for this background. I did not want to have a large silhouette that would block the background. Thus, I kept the ground very low and made the flying birds as small as my hand and brush would allow.

There have been many times when I have seen birds in flight and tried to photograph them. Only a few times has it actually worked. (Camera focus, birds lingered long enough, etc.) To be able to paint what I wish my camera could capture more often, was quite a delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment