I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

ACEO: 7PM For Her: Painted August 24, 2010


ACEO: 7PM For Her
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2 1/2 x 3 1/2,
110# Canson Acid Free acrylic paper.
I brought my painting supplies to the dining room table, put down a plastic garbage bag (to protect the table) and proceeded to play. One of my sisters was sitting there with me, with a space set for her to play with paint too. I asked her to give me a time of day.. and she said 7PM, and clarified this meant before sunset.

I used Primary Blue to make the sky very blue. Some Titanium White was mixed in to soften it up a bit and then a small amount of Light Portrait Pint was used for that hint that sunset was nearing the horizon. It was fun showing her how I made a bit of a gradient instead of keeping the sky a solid color.

Usually when I paint a tree, it has no leaves. I love looking at tree branches, so that is what I like to show in my paintings. However, knowing I planned to give this art card to my sister when I was done.. I added leaves. I wanted the tree to be lively. I imagined fresh green leaves and maybe some small blossoms mixed in. I was worried I would not be able to make it look like leaves, but it worked out in the end.

It is 7PM For Her, the sister that suggested the hour. Now that I have learned I can create silhouettes of trees having leaves.. I want to revisit the idea in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment