I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Monday, August 23, 2010

ACEO: Nine Magenta Roses: Completed August 23, 2010


ACEO: Nine Magenta Roses
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2 1/2" x 3 1/2",
110# Canson Acid Free acrylic paper.
On August 20th, I covered two card blanks with green paint, this was one of those two. The first card became ACEO: Spinning In Phthalocyanine Green and the second transformed into ACEO: Nine Magenta Roses.

Some fresh Phthalocyanine Green was was coated on the background as well as a hint of Titanium White. I started playing with placement of circles to decide where the roses would be. I wanted it to look like a tight bouquet.

Once I was set on the placement of the roses, I added Quinacridone Magenta, creating spirals that mixed with the layer of green. Then I began adding small amounts of magenta and white to each rose until they finally took shape.

If my camera took abstract photos, I think this is what a bouquet of roses would look like if I tried to take a close-up shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment