I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Monday, August 16, 2010

ACEO: Heavy Silver Lining: Painted August, 15, 2010


ACEO: Heavy Silver Lining
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2 1/2 x 3 1/2,
125# Springhill Tag folder paper.
Quinacridone Magenta and Mars Black are used with SIlver are used in this card. Once I completed it, I regretted not using the better paper. Due to this.. I think I have reached a stage in which I should only use my inferior paper for quick thumbnail sketches.

Since I had just used these colors in an ACEO completed less than an hour before starting this one.. they were on my mind and got used again.

The magenta was used to cover the original color of the paper, then I added the black and moved some of the paint back and forth with a feather touch of my paint knife. I really wanted to have a layer of dark with the magenta peeking through.. something to express sorrow with the attempts to cheer up showing through. Then, I put on a heavy layer of silver and carefully brushed the knife along to blend it in.

Once it dried and I looked at it again.. I felt it captured what I wanted: A storm of sorrow with a mix of the madness of trying to be happy.. and the cliche of clouds having a silver lining. It is a reminder to myself.. that when I have bad days.. even the really big bad days, there is usually something good mixed in.

No comments:

Post a Comment