I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

ACEO: BW Tree Swing: Painted July 28, 2010


ACEO: BW Tree Swing
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2 1/2 x 3 1/2,
110# Canson Acid Free acrylic paper.
When packing to visit Las Vegas, NV.. I brought five paint brushes, a handful of acrylic paper and two tubes of acrylic paint. (One black, one white.)

I did not expect to have much free time.. but there were some windows of opportunity when I was too tired to leave the hotel room.. but awake enough to casually paint.

I revisited the image of a tree. I adore trees. But, somewhere in the back of my mind.. a faint hint of a memory from elementary school days was this swing in a neighbors backyard that hung from a tree. Next thing I knew, I was trying to capture that tiny piece from my brain.

Signing the art card with coagulating paint was not my most brilliant of moments. It is hard to read, but it does say: DianNna

No comments:

Post a Comment