I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

ACEO: BW Thin Swing: Painted July 29, 2010


ACEO: BW Thin Swing
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2 1/2 x 3 1/2,
110# Canson Acid Free acrylic paper.
When I looked at the ACEO: BW Tree Swing painting, I really liked the swing. I immediately wanted to try again, to improve it, to see what would happen if I tried to recreate that concept. Since I was not home yet, things remain in only black and white.

Instead of just 'zooming in' on the previous tree.. I created a different one. I wanted it to have more negative space in the tree itself so that the swing looked like it was part of it, instead of just attached.

The swing ended up a bit thinner than I planned. But, I am pleased enough with it.. that I feel inspired to try again (soon) when I have free time at home to give it more attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment