I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Friday, August 27, 2010

ACEO: The Waterwell And Sky: Completed August 27, 2010


ACEO: The Waterwell And Sky
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"
110# Canson Acid Free acrylic paper.
On August 24th, I played with a lot of Primary Blue. I left the blending of blue and Titanium White on this card, and knew I would add more to it later.

August 27th, I added a waterwell. Every once in a while I see a well in front yards, just for decoration. I always thought they looked pretty, but this is my first time attempting to paint one. The sky is dark, and the silhouette of the waterwell nearly blends into the that sky.. giving the painting a feeling of early evening.

1 comment: