I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

ACEO: Cadmium Red Rose: Completed August 16, 2010


ACEO: Cadmium Red Rose
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2 1/2 x 3 1/2,
110# Canson Acid Free acrylic paper.
On August 16th.. I painted a silver background and stopped at that point. On a piece of scrap, I tested how different colors looked over the metallic paint, trying to decide what to add. I went to sleep thinking I would attempt some sort of doodle with lines.. but had no real solution in mind.

August 17th.. I asked my mother what type of flowers she liked. It is a painting cliche, but I wanted to try to create a flower. Also, I wanted to create pieces inspired by what my parents like.. and I already had an idea of what I was doing in regard to the one inspired by a thing my father likes. Mom mentioned roses and lilacs. Particularly, Red roses.

The only red paint I currently have is Cadmium. With some blending, it ended up looking more like a dark pink flower. It took me quite a while to get to where this painting was finally at a complete stage. I think when it comes to flowers.. I definitely need to take some classes. But, it was fun to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment