I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

ACEO: Cloud Shaped: Completed August 17, 2010


ACEO: Cloud Shaped
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2 1/2 x 3 1/2,
110# Canson Acid Free acrylic paper.
I worked on the background on August 16th, but when I went to add more.. my mind drew a blank. I had to put it aside.. not knowing if I would get back to it soon or not.

August 17th, I decided to put in a cloud formation. I worked a bit on the background and then added the cloud. When outside, I often stare up at the clouds. My imagination meanders and the clouds always look like different things. Clouds that look like bunnies.. or Italian bread.. or any number of things. I always find it fun to look up.

With this painting, I had intended for the cloud to look like a horse, but it seems to look like a dog, a spider or some other creature. In the end.. the only thing I am sure of.. is that it is cloud, that is certainly shaped like a cloud.

No comments:

Post a Comment