I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Monday, August 16, 2010

ACEO: In A Magenta Maze: Painted August 15, 2010


ACEO: In A Magenta Maze
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2 1/2 x 3 1/2,
110# Canson Acid Free acrylic paper.
I used a couple of plastic painting knives and no brushes to create this maze. First, a coat of Quinacridone Magenta covered the white paper. Then I mixed in Mars Black, a hint of Titanium White and a thin layer of Silver.

I kept moving the board the card was on as I drew lines that formed the layers of the boxed labyrinth. The flow of the lines sometimes move toward the center, while other times moving away. This way, the choice does not have to be made between entering the maze or exiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment