I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Monday, August 23, 2010

ACEO: Spinning In Phthalocyanine Green: Completed August 22, 2010


ACEO: Spinning In Phthalocyanine Green
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2 1/2 x 3 1/2,
110# Canson Acid Free acrylic paper.
When I work on paper or canvas, I tend to like to cover the original bare white with paint. I do not mind the texture showing through.. in fact, I often like seeing that texture. Covering the canvas or paper in paint gives me a satisfying sensation of completing a step in the process of creating a finished piece.

On August 20th, I covered the card blank with a blend of green and white to make a minty green. I picked up the minty green card on the 22nd and layered on the Phthalocyanine Green. The minty green was put on in a spiraling motion, because I had already had this image in mind when covering the blank. Although the acrylic paper canvas-like texture shows through, all the brushstrokes are curved.

I worked on the piece so long, that the paint felt like it was drying way too fast. Thin layer upon thin layer of spirals in Phthalocyanine Green before I added a small amount of Titanium White to add some contrast in the green.

Is it the inside of a green marble being twirled in a spot light? Is it spiraling vortex or door to Wonderland? A rotating emerald pretending to be a disco ball? What ever it might be, we are definitely spinning in Phthalocyanine Green.

No comments:

Post a Comment