I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

ACEO: Moonless Sea: Painted August 24, 2010


ACEO: Moonless Sea
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2 1/2 x 3 1/2,
110# Canson Acid Free acrylic paper.
While mixing mostly Phthalocyanine Green and Primary Blue.. (I say 'mostly' because the brush was dirty with other paint, but it mixed in well).. I was daydreaming about water, waves, the ocean and how it might look on the night of the new moon.

I have seen moonlight on water, but never really studied where the light was absent. So, in my daydream, I imagined how dark the water would be with no moonlight in the night and let the paintbrush express where that daydream took me.

No comments:

Post a Comment