I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

ACEO: Tree In Bloom: Painted August 28, 2010


ACEO: Tree In Bloom
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2 1/2" x 3 1/2",
246# Strathmore Acid Free acrylic paper.
I just wanted to try a cheerful image. I love trees, so I went with that. First, I painted the tree bare, and then I added layers of green. Two shades of magenta (thanks to mixing in white) and then another layer of green to add depth to the leafy section of the tree.

What sort of blossoms are on the tree? Other than 'pretty pink' I do not know. But, I did end up finally having a non-silhouette happy painting. A tree in bloom on a sunny day. Looks like the fun place for picnic or to sit and read a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment