I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

ACEO: Windmill: Painted August 19, 2010


ACEO: Windmill
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2 1/2 x 3 1/2,
110# Canson Acid Free acrylic paper.
I spent hours playing with Primary Blue and Titanium White to make the sky, as well as Deep Green with Titanium White for the ground. Layers upon layers of thin coats of paint to make the sweeping look.

At first, I was just going to have a sky and field.. looking as it would if I was spinning in place and staring at the world. But suddenly the urge to attempt a windmill came into my mind and I gave it a try. In the end, I feel like I am looking at a paradox.. the sweeping sky and field look like there is a lot of wind, but the windmill is frozen in time.

1 comment:

  1. I love the simplicity of this because there is a part of my complex brain that pictures Don Quixote suddenly charging in for an attack, lol.

    ReplyDelete