I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Friday, August 27, 2010

ACEO: If The Ocean...: Painted August 24, 2010


ACEO: If The Ocean...
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"
110# Canson Acid Free acrylic paper.
While mixing Primary Blue into some Titanium White, I felt myself drawn into how they blended. So, I grabbed a blank art card and began painting. At first I thought it might be the background for a silhouette, but after a few moments, I tried to create the ocean.

When I was nearly completed, I began thinking things like, "What if the ocean was strands of blue hair?" and "What if the ocean wanted to dance?" And as I tried to think of answers to these silly questions, I realized the painting already had. If the ocean.. had blue hair or wanted to dance, it would look like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment