I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

ACEO: From One Emotion To Another: Painted August 16, 2010


ACEO: From One Emotion To Another
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2 1/2 x 3 1/2,
110# Canson Acid Free acrylic paper.
Sometimes I imagine emotions like a river, flowing along. Sometimes I can enter this river and feel I have control of myself. Other times, I feel I am swept away. Even the smallest things can sometimes change the way that river flows. A moment, a word.. and one emotion suddenly flows into another.

Thinking of what different colors and color combinations mean to me in terms of representing emotions.. I began to layer them. Using a paint knife, I covered all of the white of the paper and let the piece be consumed by that emotion of the first color. Then, slowly I added a second color, a drop of another and finally a fourth. Each color slowly merged into next as I thought of the fluidity of emotions I experience on any given day.

No comments:

Post a Comment