I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Luggage: Wispy Sailboat: Painted August 17, 2010


Luggage: Wispy Sailboat
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Titanium White acrylic paint,
on my Father's luggage.
My Father wanted a sailboat on his luggage.. I quickly sketched something out and he pointed to the back of the boat and requested more of a straight line there. Basically he wanted something similar to my earlier sailboat silhouette, but simplified.

At first, it was just going to be a line drawing, but done with paint. But I felt it was difficult to see where the sails really were, so I ended up filling it in. The texture of the luggage was difficult to work with, but it was fun to play with something new to me.

Acrylic paint is not really the best medium for this sort of project, but my dad thinks he will not be using this luggage for much longer.. so the boats did not have to last forever. It was nice to just get to play. I painted this wispy boat on one side and a solid boat on the other. By the luggage wheels, I signed with a mini sailboat, the letter D and indicated the date.

(To see the solid sailboat and signature, click on the image of the Wispy Sailboat to be redirected to my Flickr.)

No comments:

Post a Comment