I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

ACEO: Rain-Touched Surface: Painted August 24, 2010


ACEO: Rain-Touched Surface
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2 1/2 x 3 1/2,
110# Canson Acid Free acrylic paper.
I love the rain. The way it taps at my windows, splashes in puddles, makes things shine just from being wet and the way plants seem to wake up after the rain.. are just some of the reasons why I like rain. I have even tried to take photos of raindrops..

As soon as the idea came into my mind to make a painting that looked like the turbulent surface of a lake or even just a puddle during a rainstorm.. I knew I had to try.

I wrapped my index finger in a small piece of plastic wrapper and gently touched some paint to it. Then I lightly tapped the paint onto the art card. I would pick up a bit of paint and tap the card about three to five times, blending the color a bit and trying to be careful with how I lifted my finger. I really did not want to smudge the paint, I wanted this painting to look like rain splashing down. When I did accidentally smudge areas, I just picked up more color and tapped over the mistake before continuing on.

No comments:

Post a Comment