I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

ACEO: Spinning In Primary Blue: Painted August 24, 2010


ACEO: Spinning In Primary Blue
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2 1/2 x 3 1/2,
110# Canson Acid Free acrylic paper.
Two days earlier I had completed ACEO: Spinning In Phthalocyanine Green. This idea was still very fresh in my mind when my palette still had plenty of Primary Blue to work with.. so I had to see if I could work with Primary Blue.

I used a concealer brush that I keep for acrylic paint instead of the cosmetic use it was created for. Often turning the art card, I tried to avoid straight lines, curving each brush stroke in a spiraling pattern.

Although it might look like a sphere, a tunnel or even the sky spiraling.. I find myself imagining it is light shining through a blue glass vase.

No comments:

Post a Comment