I do not seek inspiration or wait around hoping it will find me.
Sometimes it just shows up, performing an aerial glomp.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

ACEO: Pink and Purple Starbursts: Painted August 20, 2010


ACEO: Pink and Purple Starbursts
Originally uploaded by diannna-art
Acrylic paint on 2 1/2 x 3 1/2,
110# Canson Acid Free acrylic paper.
Often I look at a blank piece of paper or canvas and feel I need to write, doodle or paint. The urge to create within that void and see what happens.. I think the sensation and giving into the urge is a lot of fun.

When I was in elementary school and told we had to paint.. I would spend my time studying a single tree (always the same one), creating tulips, or mixing colors together just to see what happens. I knew if I mixed red and blue, then I would get purple. But I would try to get different shades. To this day, I like mixing colors just to see what will happen.

With this piece I used Dioxazine Purple and Light Portrait Pink. I covered the paper with purple, let it dry and then proceeded to mix the purple with the pink. I ended up with a lighter purple before I began moving the paint into different shapes. Circles, triangles.. mixing the paint and just enjoying the moment of watching color swirl.

After a while, I added more pink and more purple and made starbursts. The process moved slower as I carefully added the colors to the existing paint and worked on not over-blending the paint. I really like watching the swirling patterns emerge and did not want to erase them by mixing too much.

The only brush I used for the mixing and created the starbursts was a concealer brush. It was made for cosmetics I use this brush only for my acrylic paint. The backside is signed in Dioxazine Purple with the use of a thinner brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment